Electricians should wear high-quality protective footwear. Most companies emphasize to their staff to wear the best work boots for electricians for their comfort and safety. Despite other safety precautions you choose, if you wear the wrong footwear, an injury to your feet could affect your performance at work. Hence, electrical hazard boots are a must.
It is easier to protect your feet during work by just having a good pair of EH boots. With thousands of work boot brands out there it can be hard to make the right selection. Don’t worry.
In this guide, we will look at some of the best electrician work boots that will boost your work performance.
Top 8 Electrician Work Boots Reviews
Work Boot Brands
Why It Made The Cut
|Wolverine Men’s Tarmac Electrician Work Boots||· Ultra light EVA midsole
· Vibram sole
· Fatigue fighting nylon shank
|Best for comfort|
|Timberland Pro Titan Electrician Work Boots||· Composite Safety Toe
· Metal Free
|Brunt’s The Marin Soft Toe Boots
|· Wrap around lace hooks
|Best lightweight boots|
|Red Wing Shoes Electrical Hazard Industrial Boots||· Electrical Hazard
· Made in the US
|Best for Made in the US|
|RockRooster Woodland Work Boots
|· Composite Toecap
· Oiled Crazy Horse Leather
|Best Soft Toe|
|Thorogood Composite Safety Work Boots||· Vintage Moc Toe Design
· Removable shock absorption footbed.
|Skechers Burgin –Tarlac
|· Puncture resistant.
· Very Cheap
· Steel toe
|Best for Low-budget|
|Irish Setter Ashby Men’s 83605 Work Boots
|· Aluminium safety toe
· Heat-resistant sole (HRO)
· Trout Brook Leather
These boots are made to be comfortable, stylish, and durable. The Wolverine Men’s Tarmac Electrician Work Boots feature a pure leather upper for durability and are waterproof for protection against the elements. It has a breathable mesh interior lining that keeps your feet dry and cool.
- Dry feet thanks to a waterproof pure leather upper.
- The cushioned footbed is removable and embraces your feet.
- Ultra-light EVA midsole.
- Rubber outsole that is slip-resistant.
- Nylon shank for fighting fatigue.
- Reflective wrap for visibility.
These boots offer comfort, protection, and durability for electricians who operate in tough environments. These safety toe boots are lightweight and meet ASTM standards for compression, impact, and electrical hazards. The leather is also waterproof and the rubber outsole is oil-resistant. The Timberland Pro Titan boots have an internal steel shank for more stability on slippery surfaces or rough terrain.
- Protection from electrical hazards.
- Flexible thanks to the cement construction.
- Premium full-grain leather.
- Slip, heat, and oil-resistant rubber outsole.
- Moisture-wicking lining for breathability.
- Mutilation-free and metal upper.
- Greater structural support due to the nylon diffusion shank.
The Brunt Marin is a comfortable electrical hazard boot with clever designs that enable you to customize it to your preference. It has solid leather considering the boot's price. The boots come in different versions and has a traditional look moc toe. It has a breathable mesh liner and a composite toe. All in all, Brunt Marin is a solid work boot if you are working in a rough environment and are on a tight budget.
- It comes in three options, a composite safety toe, a soft toe, and the Brunt toe.
- An electrical hazard-rated outsole that conforms to ASTM F2892-18 standards.
- Slip-resistant outsole.
- Oily full-grain leather making it resistant to scratches and water.
- One-piece style moc toe stitch making it superior to two-piece stitch style boots.
If you are looking for reliable industrial work boots look no further than the Red Wing Boots. Red Wing has been making high-quality boots for over a century. These EH boots can attest to this. They are designed to offer protection from electrical hazards making them the right choice for electricians.
- Made from pure leather.
- Extra wide width.
- Low heel height 1-1.9 in.
- Electrical hazard boot safety standards.
These boots are suitable for electricians who need durability and stability but do not require a safety toe. It features a waterproof design and a breathable membrane to promote air circulation and keep the feet dry. The RockRooster’s rubber outsole is resistant to acid, oil, heat, and chemicals enabling electricians to wear them in multiple environments. The heel and rubber toe add more stability and prevent scratches.
- Coolmax technology fabric to transport moisture from the body keeping the feet dry on hot days and warm or cold days.
- Proron Xrd Support to protect from impact, and promote comfort and breathability.
- Anti-static by releasing static electricity into the ground while wearing sweaters or while driving.
- Memory foam for arch support.
If you are looking for the perfect combination of safety and comfort these are the right boots for you. They come with a tough composite safety toe accompanied by a sleek design to offer comfort and protection for any electrical or construction job.
- GEN-flex2 collection.
- Goodyear Storm Welt construction.
- Electrical Hazard nonmetallic protection.
- EVA cushion flex insole.
- Composite safety toe protection.
If you are an electrician and on a low budget you can check out these Skechers work boots. It has all the features that other electrician work boots have but at an affordable price. The quality is not up to the mark for obvious reasons. It comes with a steel toe cap allowing you to work on any site that requires you to wear work boots. The rubber soles offer a better grip on wet surfaces. It is also electric hazard rated making them a decent pair of boots at a cheap price. The boots are not waterproof but you can apply some mink oil to make them water-resistant.
- Genuine leather material.
- Steel toe for added protection.
- Electrical hazard protection.
- Puncture resistant insole and rubber outsole.
- Air-cooled memory foam.
- Slip-resistant for work safety.
These are the perfect footwear selection for electricians who cherish comfort and safety while working. The electrical hazard boots are designed to offer the necessary support and protection required in electrical work situations while providing durability and style at the same time.
- Electrical Hazard Protection for safeguarding electricians from live electrical circuits.
- Full-grain leather for durability and stylish appearance.
- Steel toe cap for protection against impact hazards and heavy objects.
- Comfortable cushioning thanks to the removable polyurethane footbed.
- Heat-resistant sole protecting the boots from high temperatures in electrical environments.
- Goodyear welt construction for high durability and easy resoling.
How To Select Best Work Boots for Electricians
When selecting electrician work boots, various factors should be taken into consideration to ensure durability, safety, and comfort during work. Here are the important factors to keep in mind:
Choose the boots that meet the safety standards of your work environment like ASTM F2413-18 for impact resistance and electrical hazard protection. Such standards ensure that your boots offer the required protection.
Electrical Hazard Protection
Electricians operate live electrical circuits. Therefore, ensure that your electrician work boots contain electrical hazard protection to prevent electrical shock. Search for EH-rated boots that offer insulation against shocks.
Composite toes or Steel toes
Look out for boots with composite or steel toe caps for protection against potential impacts and heavy objects. Choose the boots that suit your requirements and comfort preferences.
Slip Resistance and Waterproof
Electricians come across slippery and wet surfaces. Check out boots with slip-resistant soles to prevent accidents. If you work in wet areas, select boots with waterproof features to keep your feet comfortable and dry.
Comfort and Fit
Comfortable boots are crucial for long working hours. Choose boots with cushioned insoles, moisture-licking linings, and arch support to keep your feet dry and comfortable.
Make sure that your boots fit well and have sufficient ankle support to prevent injuries. Boots with a snug fit reduce fatigue when working for long hours.
You may require boots with insulation to keep your feet warm or cool depending on your work environment. Insulated boots and good for extreme temperatures.
Electricians work in rough environments. Therefore, you should choose boots that are made from long-lasting materials such as full-grain leather or synthetic material.
Lighter boots reduce fatigue during long working hours whereas heavier boots offer more protection. Choose a balance that suits your safety and comfort needs.
Some electrician work boots have anti-technology features in the midsole which reduces leg fatigue. This enhances comfort when working for long hours.
The most preferred soles for work boots are direct attach soles or Goodyear welt construction soles. These soles extend the life of your boots.
Reputation of The Brand
Choose brands with a good reputation for high-quality electrician work boots. They are more likely to offer reliability and protection.
Figure out your budget and look for boots that fit your needs within that budget. It is important to invest in high-quality boots and you can also find options at different prices.
Frequently Asked Questions About Electrician Boots
1.What kind of boots should electricians wear?
Electricians should wear particular electrical hazard (EH) rated boots. These types of boots offer protection from electrical shock by offering insulation. These boots have nonconductive soles and also have steel toes for impact protection.
2. Can electricians wear normal boots for work?
No. Electricians cannot wear normal boots to work. Normal boots do not have electrical insulation for protection against shock. EH boots meet all safety requirements for electrical work and are worn to minimize risks of electrical accidents.
3. Will safety shoes prevent electric shock?
Safety shoes with an EH rating offer protection against electric shock. They have insulation features that reduce electricity flow through the shoes. However, no shoe can completely offer protection against all electrical accidents.
4. How do you tell if boots are electrically rated?
They should have an EH mark on them that shows their electrical hazard rating. Look for labels such as EH (Electrical Hazard) or ASTM EH.
5. What does OSHA require for electrical safety?
OSHA (The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has put up specific criteria for electrical safety in the workplace. Some of the notable requirements include:
- Proper training of electrical employees.
- Frequent electrical system maintenance and inspections.
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
By conducting some research and considering these factors you can make the right selection of the best work boots for electricians. Upon doing your homework, make the right choice and take good care of the work boots. They will withstand everyday wear and tear at work. Work boots that have proven to be quality and durable are the ones you want to wear.